So they tell me today is “Take Your Kid to Work Day.” This actually worked out well, since my kids didn’t have school today. (Actually, I think that may be the reason they didn’t have school today.) Anywho…
Considering that my so called “place of work” is also my “place of sleep”, “place of watch Netflix in my underwear”, “place of pour myself another IPA”, etc., my kids don’t get to experience all the fun of normal places of work, such as offices, construction sites, and what have you. Too bad. I think they’d really get a kick out of a 2:30 staff meeting.
Here’s what they’ve gotten to experience so far at Daddy’s workplace today:
- From 8 a.m. ’til around noon, they vegged-out on the couch watching cartoons while I was in my “office” (the den) working on a book ghostwriting project. I figured they wouldn’t get much out of watching me stare at my computer and tap the keys on my keyboard. Even though, that’s basically all I do.
- After that they went to visit Mommy’s “place of work”, her office up on the third floor. Meanwhile, it being a dreary, rainy day, I put Radiohead on shuffle and enjoyed a brief moment of solitude.
- Five minutes later (told you it would be brief), The Animal rumbled back downstairs and handed me a picture he drew of a giant Pikachu (Pokemon) sitting on a skyscraper and playing an electric guitar. Oh, and he’s being attacked by a helicopter-ish gunship thingy.
- Eventually everyone gathered in the lunchroom (our dining room) for a nutritious meal consisting of buttered noodles. The cafeteria here is awesome!
- After that, Mommy went back up to her office, whilst the kiddos and I brought a bunch of Star Wars spaceships down from the playroom and had a pretty sweet battle in the conference room (the living room).
- Now, since it’s quitting time (3:30 p.m.), I’m going to pour myself another cup of coffee and go play checkers with Boogieface in front of the fireplace. After that I’ll probably take a nap.
‘Cause that’s how we roll here at Val Brkich Inc. Sorry, we’re not currently hiring. ~
Copyright © 2016 Valentine J. Brkich